Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18/365 - alive since july.

January 18, 2011
Don't let the yellowing leaf fool you. This is a peace lily that was given to me after my Nanny passed away this summer, and believe it or not, I've taken good care of it. Probably the first plant I've been able to keep alive this long.... or at all.

I wasn't even sure if this was a peace lily at all, or even how to take care of it. I've basically just kept it near a window and made sure the soil never got completely dried out, giving it a good shower in the sink every now and then. I try to pick off the dead leaves and stems, which I read somewhere is called "dead-heading" and helps keep your plant healthy, because the plant doesn't have to do all that extra work trying to keep dead leaves alive. Makes sense. Kind of like cutting off an appendage that doesn't work. ;) No need to have blood going to it, right?

Right. Anyway. Where was I?

Googling Peace Lilys, so I can make sure to keep this one alive. I want more house plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...