Friday, January 21, 2011

don't get jealous. get better.

I like to stalk other photographers. Well, their work. And when I come across a photographer who's work is clearly better than my own... I can't help but get a little jealous, but I try to backtrack, and instead I tell myself: "Don't get jealous. Get better."

And then I look forward to the day when I will be that good. But it's hard, because I'm perfectionist to the core and I want to wake up tomorrow and be the best. I want our photography business to be the best ever. I have no patience, and this is probably why I abandon so many of my passions because... if I'm not the best, then why bother?

I guess in the words of Heather Armstrong, I want to be the valedictorian of everything. However, I was like, 9th in the my graduating class, so I guess I'll just have to settle for being 9th in life. Because no one's perfect.

I do wish we had updated camera equipment and some new lenses, though. But that takes money, and to get money, we need more clients. :) So I guess we'll start small and slowly work our way towards big and envious. Because I'm not giving up on this.

1 comment:

  1. To continue with your positive outlook:

    "...if I'm not the best, then why bother?"

    If it's something you love, that feeds your soul, that gets you up in the morning, then who cares if you're the best? You'll do it just because that's where your heart and inspiration is. And that's what will make you the best!

    Just a little early Saturday morning pep talk. Someday you can return the favor! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...